Explore bold approaches to better health for all at the 10th annual Aspen Ideas: Health event!
By creating a forum to share knowledge and experience, Aspen Ideas: Health offers a unique opportunity to turn ideas into action and carve pathways toward better health for all. Join us June 21-24.
June 22, 2023, 11:40 AM – 12:30 PM | Igniting the Power and Potential of Women and Girls
- Aspen Global Innovators Group partners with Ascend and Center for Native American Youth to host a discussion on the current status of women and girls and launch a renewed framework and commitment to advancing gender equity and just globally. Feature panelists will share how they have embedded gender equity and justice in their work and what impact this has had on improving health outcomes and strengthening communities for women and girls. This will lead to the exciting announcement of the re-launch of the Aspen Forum on Women and Girls.
June 22, 2023, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM | Presented by Johnson & Johnson: “Stories from the Heart of Health”
- A Johnson & Johnson sponsored story-telling session where we will hear directly from health workers who are innovating and advocating every day to deliver better care to their communities. Storytellers will share their personal stories on the challenges they face; how they are driving solutions; and how we can better support their needs to ensure that everyone has access to quality care, including Healthy Communities fellows Veron Blue, Founder and Executive Director of Faith & Community Wellness Center, Inc., and Chris McNeil, Emergency Medicine Physician and Founder of Youth Medical Mentorship. They will also speak to issues that range from working with the faith community to destigmatize mental healthcare to creating a more diverse and representative pipeline of health workers to address health equity.
June 23, 2023, 10:20 AM -11:10 AM | Forging Healthier Communities through Civic Engagement
- This session will explore how strong civic engagement helps build and support healthy, thriving communities. When we vote, organize, volunteer, and create spaces and opportunities to connect with others, we join in the shared responsibility of nurturing our collective well-being. From cultivating communal gardens to uniting a sisterhood of walkers to mobilizing healthcare providers to vote, we’ll hear from local leaders who are taking action to strengthen the civic health of their communities.
June 23, 2023, 4:10 PM – 5:00 PM | Designing Global Health Systems for the Future
- This event is focused on building better global health systems for all populations. We will explore leadership, gender equity, youth engagement, strong communities, and actionable research. As well as discuss challenges in reproductive health, conflicts, and noncommunicable diseases, while highlighting powerful women, innovative strategies, and cross-country dialogue driving positive change. Shape the future of global healthcare with us.
June 21, 2023 | Celebrating Leadership in Global Health and Development Reception
- The event is a celebration to commemorate the achievements of Aspen Global Innovators Group (AGI) and a special milestone – the 10th year of the New Voices Fellowship. The event aims to bring together and honor prominent figures that have an impact on the NVF, as well as lead to a discussion of AGI’s vision for the next 10 years as we introduce our two new programs: IMPACT West Africa and the Advance Advocacy Program
June 22, 2023 | Achieving Health Equity: Leadership, Community and Philanthropy
- The event aims to explore the power of investing in community-based leaders and local solutions, with a special focus on highlighting the Healthy Communities Fellowship as an exemplary model. Discussions will revolve around the significance of philanthropic efforts in promoting health equity and the challenges, opportunities and innovations in place in providing services that effectively address community needs.
June 23, 2023 | Building Resilient Community Health Systems: The Time is Now Dinner
- The conversation will center around the critical importance of building strong community health systems. We will hear reflections from leaders including Sheila Davis, Didi Bertrand Farmer, Joel Mubiligi, and Lola Adedokun. Each leader will share their remarkable leadership journeys and provide valuable insights on how to design community strengthening programs on a global scale. Their reflections will be followed by an exciting announcement about the Communities First Global Collaborative, a powerful partnership between Aspen Global Innovators Group (AGI), Partners in Health (PIH) and University of Global Health Equity (UGHE).